Sunday, October 21, 2012

These are the drawings that I referred  to on my post on Sept. 29. Obviously this past year and my exposure to Hopkins and the great pharmaceutical romance of modern medicine is seeping into my art...

I drew this first, when I was doing Christmas cards last Dec. and then of course didn't give it to anyone, because who wants to get THAT as a holiday greeting?
These next three are a bit more recent...I first did some sketches of the man and woman on the syringe (which, I would STILL like to do another version of...I did a bunch of doodles and kept changing the perspective and realigning their bodies to suggest maximum abandon and exuberance...but the rainbow took so long to make nice n smooth that  I finally just reconciled myself with this version) and a friend of mine encouraged me to make at least three on the same theme. If you are in Seattle, you can purchase the originals from this art-vending robot at The Hideout, a bar on First Hill:

http://www.hideoutseattle.com/earl.htm

 Or perhaps not; perhaps someone has already purchased them. 

I like the last one best. I wanted it to look like a Tiffany ad, or something Kate Spade would come out with (btw how amazing would it be if Kate Spade's next crop of bags were covered with tiny stylish pills?)



No comments:

Post a Comment