Monday, October 15, 2012

some of my favorite doodles

As hard as I try to draw things in sketchbooks or on nice paper, inevitably some of my favorite things end up being drawn in a lecture or on a bus, on the back of an assignment or an envelope. Often I give these away to whatever amused friend is nearby, watching me draw (or in some cases said friend was the inspiration for the doodle, as with this first one- my friend Erica was going on about her desire for a kitten in her no-pets apartment):

This is another one I gave to Erica; I'm sorry about the quality of the cell-phone picture, but the little caption reads, "As a preteen, she left her bra under her pillow for the Boob Fairy to fill":


Here's something I did on an envelope. I have this great Hello Kitty patterned duct tape so I thought maybe Hello Kitty could escape and wander across the paper...



This one I ended up giving to a visiting lecturer who spoke at my nursing school. Her research involved rats and I honestly can't remember much else, only that the friend I was sitting next to as I drew convinced me to give her the rat drawing at the end of the lecture.  I was nervous, because I didn't want her to think I was zoning out during her talk (because of course I wasn't; drawing really helps me listen by occupying my hands, but I don't always know if professors will get that) but the lecturer laughed super loudly when I gave her the drawing and I think she liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment